Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Opening Night


Tonight was opening night of Joy of Christmas.

The show was great but let's be honest, the tickets and organization were a bit rough on the end of our team.
I have spent most of the week stressing out about getting things printed, getting things on time, making sure things are in order...and guess what? I still didn't have things printed, I still didn't have things on time and things were still a bit chaotic.
What good did worrying all week do me?

I was standing in the back of the auditorium tonight watching part of the show and it was so beautiful. There is a scene where two fantastic singers sing a song called "The Prayer" and a ballerina dances, and it is one of the most powerful parts of the whole show. The whole time I am standing back there I am wondering, "Who is realizing right now, for the first time, how passionately and deeply in love with them God really is?" If we put aside the busyness and calm ourselves down long enough...we can remember why we are doing what we are doing.

To let people know.
To tell them.
To help save them.
To give them the greatest Christmas present they will ever receive...Everlasting love, salvation, peace and hope.

It has been so easy for me to get sidetracked.
I love what I do, but on those days when you are confused, frustrated and just find yourself wanting to cry and give up, it is so so easy to do just that. Give up. Throw in the towel. Walk away.
But I think, and this is just my opinion, that those moments are the ones where we need to remember the most.
We are doing this for Him. We are working and trying to get things done on time and trying to get things accomplished so that more people have the opportunity to hear about Jesus.

So in the midst of a night where maybe some things could have gone smoother, I have to just breathe and remind myself of what REALLY matters. And that's despite our mistakes, the message was strong, the message was loud, and the message was clear.
God loves you.
And people heard it. People listened to it. And people reacted to it.
There were people saved tonight. People that came home to God.

I think that at the end of the day, THAT is what he sees and though it is so important to thrive in what we are doing, we have to remember why we are doing it.

This is only night one. It can only go up from here.
Don't miss the show!! Whatever you do, make sure you get to show!!

Shan

No comments: