Monday, December 29, 2008

New Year Resolutions

I heard a quote once that said...
"If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, Let it."

I feel like after Christmas there are two groups of people.
1-Those that spend a huge amount of time trying to think of a quality new years resolution they can stick to.
And
2-Those that never have the idea of making a resolution cross their mind.

I have to admit, I rarely consider it. I have always thought of resolutions as sort of silly commitments that no one sticks to. We make them and stick to them for a few weeks and then the business of life takes over and we forget about those promises we made to ourselves to '...Do better at work, To do better in school, lose that ten pounds...'
But I was thinking today as I was thinking about my life right now and I wondered...what if we made resolutions for our LIVES and not just the new year?
What if we resolved...determined and made up our minds about something that REALLY mattered to us?

What is that thing for you?
I know you have something.


It's 2AM here in Vancouver, Washington where I am spending the holidays and I cant stop thinking, for some reason, about the people all over the world who will be making these resolutions.
Here's a little encouragement--
I BELIEVE in you.
Wherever you are, whatever you are dealing with...
Whether you are hoping to be a better parent...Whether you are dealing with some sort of addiction...Whether you are depressed, struggling with your life, worried about the economy and caring for your family...whether it is school, or relationships, or habits or a lack of people loving you in your life...Please know..there are people praying for you.

People you don't know. People that don't know your name or where you come from..but people are praying for you.
I am praying for you.
I want to see us make resolutions that will help change our lives.
Once you figure out what that resolution is, please know, no matter how far fetched it may seem, there is someone praying for you. And believing in you.

If you get a chance, take it.
If it changes your life, let it.

This is your chance.

No comments: