Monday, February 15, 2010

Pastor’s & Leader’s School


Being a volunteer at the Dream Center stretches you, makes you grow in ways you thought you never could, and is continuously developing you into a leader. A leader in the sense of taking responsibility for the purpose God has placed on your life, and leading yourself and the others around you in that right direction.

Every year here at the Dream Center, the volunteers attend Pastor’s and Leader’s School at a church in Phoenix. My fellow volunteer friends who had already attended this conference were excited for the week, and reassured me I should be too. Sure enough, it was fun, relaxing and just the spiritual boost I needed. I’m sure everyone left feeling that same difference made in their spirit. It was refreshing for everyone.

Going into the conference I thought about the concept of being a leader. My personality isn’t much of a take-over and lead type. Actually, the word ‘leader’ used to scare me. But I’ve gradually been coming out of that mindset. Pastor’s School encouraged me even more to take ownership of the leader inside me, the leader that’s inside every Christ follower. If we’ve decided to accept Jesus Christ as our savior we are acknowledging that we represent Him, we are the physical beings of Christ here on earth. And with accepting the responsibility of that, we become leaders towards Him. Unfortunately, at times we are more like ‘distracters’, leading people away from Christ. With our words, our demeanor and hypocrisy. And what an eternally horrible thing that is. May we constantly remember the level of influence we have on others, may we always remember our calling to lead others to a life lived for Christ.




-Courtnay, Ohio

No comments: